Tuesday, May 6, 2014

About: House of Verde


Hello! This is my first post and I'm so excited about all the plans that I have for this project. I hope is that everything I present here will be enlightening and exciting. The purpose of House of Verde is to share things that matter: 

1. Being healthy matters and I will be sharing information on food just to give you a little more insight the next time you head to a grocery store, or farmer's market (if you're lucky!)

2. I will also be sharing my yoga journey with you. I consider myself a beginner because I've only been doing yoga for a month and I have yet to take a class of any sort.

3. I love nature and I think it's something we all need to start expressing our love for. I care deeply about sustainability, but I promise I won't beat you over the head with it (at least not just yet) because I still have so much to learn and to put into practice. Rather, I want to share some ways in which you can take up a more sustainable lifestyle. It doesn't matter if everyone around you isn't embracing it. Nothing wrong with taking the lead and being the first! Grab the bull by the horns -- they will begin to follow you soon enough.

4. I'm going to post so much about being happy, positive, staying motivated and living the life that you dream of. There are enough unhappy people in the world. I choose not to be one of those people and I hope I will be able to keep you from becoming one as well. Let's be happy together. I'd love to be your friend!

5. I'm going to post recipes of both the healthy and just plain delicious variety. I love rich foods and I believe that with the right balance of it and healthy foods + exercise, you won't ever feel like you're having to cut things out or starve (well maybe a little).........just kidding!! One day I may post an awesome green smoothie recipe, and another, a donut recipe. I just like to live realistically, and for me, a salad and a donut will go hand in hand every now and then.

6. It's not my intent to make this a style blog, so posts about what I'm wearing may be rare. I do intend to post some interesting things about hair and make up. I mostly want to share with you brands that are green and promote a sustainable lifestyle.

7. I'm a practicing Christian, and I don't intend for this to be a religious blog, but I just want to put it out there because it is a reflection of who I am. Just to be clear though, I love everyone and I don't care what religion, race or fabric you are lol I love everyone equally, and I mean that. All that is to say that I may post a scripture here and there. It depends on how I'm feeling.

That's that for now. I hope House of Verde becomes a daily obsession for you. Ask me any questions you may have. & as always, I appreciate your support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment